added by Sarah
June 29, 2010
1. Plan one hour’s relaxation time for you into every day.
2. Get out into the fresh air for an hour a day.
3. Delegate – at home or at work – get others to contribute and don’t be a martyr.
4. Say ‘no’ – you don’t have to do everything you are asked...
5. Find some ‘me time’ each day.
6. Plan a weekend/day event each month – it’s great to look forward to and fun to do.
7. Write a to-do list every night, and stick to it the following day - celebrate achievements.
8. Get a cleaner or gardener if you can afford to for 2-3 hours a week – you deserve it!
9. Internet shop for your groceries – saves yourself time, and money on impulse buys.
10. Turn off your mobile or screen your calls – don’t take work calls at home.
11. Let the answerphone take calls when you are having ‘me time’ or eating.
12. Don’t check work emails from home.
13. Leave work on time at least twice a week and do something special.
14. Have some fun with friends each week.
15. Surround yourself with positive people – it will rub off. Equally negative people will bring you down.
16. Get a perspective – when you are frazzled, ask yourself ‘Will this matter next week/month?’ and ‘What’s the worst that can happen?’
17. Take up a new hobby or evening class.
18. Make one ‘healthy eating’ change to boost your energy levels – such as drinking more water, reducing caffeine, alcohol, sugary drinks or reliance on ready meals.
19. Seriously consider a career change or part time working - if your job is making you ill. There are always alternatives and isn’t it better to have less money but be happy and healthy.
20. Stop feeling quilty – it’s your life and you deserve a great one.